There is color-blocking as a trend, and then there is color-blocking as a concept. While the former has been done to death, a geometric combination of shades inspired by artist Piet Mondrian are feeling right at the moment.
He believed painting ought to consist of the most fundamental aspects of line and color. And so do these designs. Featuring primary colors for a bold, art-inspired vibe, these top 5 Mondrian-esque bags take color-blocking in a fresh new direction.
1. Jérôme Dreyfuss Momo Textured-Leather and Canvas Shoulder Bag: Dusty blue and bright yellow make for a power couple. Balanced with more muted elements, this jam-packed mini-bag is too cute to resist. On NET-A-PORTER for $665.
2. Miu Miu Biker Quilted Leather Clutch: A sophisticated pairing of tones and street-tough leather quilting makes for a smooth juxtaposition. An outer pocket and handle on the back make for one convenient clutch. On NET-A-PORTER for $1,020.
3. Charlotte Olympia Cheer Pandora Clutch: You’ve seen the multi-faceted Pandora in all sorts of incarnations. But this varsity-inspired trio of clutches is the first I adore seeing all together! At Nordstrom for $1,095.
4. Narciso Rodriguez Large Envelope Clutch: Leave it to Narciso to purposely clash and make it look so good. Bright orange and rust brown feel exciting, thanks to pitch-perfect geometry. At Barneys New York for $1,295.
5. Christian Louboutin Scarab Medium Triple-Pocket Shoulder Bag: The application of different hues on different pockets and flaps of the bag make for an amazing sense of visual depth. Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $2,195 (expect delivery by April 4th).